We have been working on this with David for the last week day and the night. We built our own homemade switches, built a nice layout for the LEDs, wire up at least 100 wires to the board and tried to code it. Well it is working %20 percent is all I can say for tomorrow, I am still satisfied and want to finish this though. It was just not enough time literally. The current board has two chips one of which is a shift register basically try to run the LEDs as outputs.
According to other people’s experiences shift registers look not a bright solution at all, actually since starting of this project I can say I understand better now what in Tom’s book on the Chapter 14. It has been a great experience for me, I did take my lesson not to joke with LEDs more than 5 at first hand don’t try to mass product 25 custom switches it can take longer than you think, too much soldering causes temporary blindness.